Tuesday, 27 April 2010

AFAG

All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye. Or so they say. Christopher Brookmyre's book has nothing to do with job interviews, unless you happen to be interviewing for the post of commando.

My first face to face interview today went very well. At least from my side of the table. Having sat at the other side on a few occassions, I'm much more relaxed about the whole process knowing that the interviewers range from being as terrified as the interviewees, to exhausted and jaded by the whole process.

I'm hoping to be offered the contract but aware that I'm competing against a potential cast of thousands laid off in RIF's and downsizings. I've started to hear from agencies of other positions where I wasn't selected for interview. I was even told that for one role I had the dreaded disease of being 'too over qualified'... Well, that's why I'm still studying towards a degree :)

Celebrated a successful interview with ice cream all round. Kids were very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment