Friday, 30 April 2010

Humbled

Goal 59: To give £200,000 to charitable causes

When I wrote this goal, I did not imagine I would be needing charity myself. An anonymous friend posted an envelope through our door yesterday. A close friend as they spelt my wife's name correctly! Very few of our friends do...

The envelope contained £100. Cash. A gift from someone who wanted to give without any thanks or reward. If I recall Jesus words on the subject of giving correctly, "when you give, do not do as the hypocrites do, shouting about it on the street. Give without even your left hand knowing what your right hand is doing. Then your father who is in heaven will see and you will have your reward in heaven."

Even as I write this, I feel a lot of emotion. I am incredibly thankful for the kindness. I am humbled at the generosity and selflessness. I also feel ashamed, I have to say, at my own inability currently to secure a job, and also at my own arrogance to set such a lofty goal but ignore Jesus advice on the subject!

I believe I will secure a contract soon. We do have savings that will last us for more months. But, I have to thank whoever has given us this gift. It means a lot. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment