Saturday, 8 January 2011

New Year - new goals

A happy 2011 to one and all!

Did anyone set any goals or resolutions for themselves this year?

I've been holding off from making too many plans. Best laid of mice and men and all that. I had aimed to be one or even two assignments ahead by now on my course. I've had enough time. But, I have had to learn the hard way about the editing process.

I finally finished my story last week just before due date. This was after two and a half major rewrites (I gave up during the second as I realised I was going to way exceed my word limit again!) and many minor ones.

Since I'm still not working, I've agreed a much tighter work schedule which, all being well, should see me complete the course by the end of March.

I am also planning to spend an hour on my novel Monday through Thursday and all day Friday with the aim of writing 400 words a day. If I can achieve this, I will have my original goal for 100,000 words by the end of June.

Over Christmas my father in law said he was planning to climb Ben Nevis in July. My ears perked up. That's one of my goals, that is! I signed on immediately and we will hopefully be starting some training in the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun climbing Ben Nevis!

    My only resolution this year is to trust God more - not very exciting but quite important I think for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete