Tuesday, 18 October 2011

NaNoWriMo prep - 14 days to go

Two weeks to go till National Novel Writing Month kicks off!

Have you ever thought or said you could write a novel?

Well, this is your chance! Sign up, buddy me (My user name is Frozbie) and lets get our novels written!

I spent last week working on my plot and doing some research. It felt quite weird not to be trying to write each morning. This week I've tried again to stick to a routine. Bed before 10PM, up at 6AM and then try and write 1,000 words in an hour.

I managed it yesterday: wrote 1,200 words towards a new story. This morning it was more of a struggle. Took me an hour and a quarter to reach 1,000.

I'm sure there will be hard days and good days in November. I'm going to need all the encouragement I can get. Look out friends on Facebook - NaNo spam heading your way soon!

I've already broached the thorny question of booking out the last Saturday in November as a 'just in case I'm 10,000 words short' day with my wonderful wife. I'm still aiming for 50,000 words written only using weekday mornings but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan...

I have started exercising. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that. Went for a jog this weekend. Managed a mile before I had to switch to walking... I'd like to head out two or three times a week and gradually increase my distance. I'm sure it will help come November.

What are you doing to prepare for and help you achieve your goals?

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't done much running then don't try to just go out and run as far as possible, it'll hurt and you can get shinsplints. Email me to remind me, but I've got a couple of training programmes somewhere to get you started, intervals of running and walking, building up to a longer time running.

    ReplyDelete