Monday, 10 October 2011

NaNoWriMo prep - Plotting

I am serious about being a writer. About writing: going to bed early enough (I managed 9:30 last night) that I can get up at 6am and write, even though my eyes are struggling to stay open and I almost ignored the alarm – switching it off and collapsing back into sleep.

If I do not write, I am not a writer. It is only when I am bashing words out with electronic or real ink that I can legitimately say to the world – I write.

06:15 now – time to start some serious (but also hopefully fun work on plotting my NaNo novel...)

06:30 – There are twenty two week days in November when I am planning to write. It will give me a structure to follow if I can produce a basic plot that allows one chapter for each of those days. I have been noting down ideas since I signed up for NaNoWriMo so this morning have so far gathered these together to see what I have and where the gaps are. (One benefit of getting up earlier is that I don’t have to break off my flow of writing to make breakfast for my youngest child... :)

07:31 – Finally made myself some breakfast! My favourite youngest daughter has also been fed and is now playing with a Daffy Duck and cereal box...

I have 19 potential chapter ideas and...make that 20... which I feel is a good start to the week. I also have gathered a lot of websites that may prove useful in researching the story. I'm thinking I may extract some text from those websites; compile into a research document and upload to my Kindle to read over during the next fortnight.

Do you think you could write a novel? Have you signed up for NaNoWriMo? How do you plot your novel?

No comments:

Post a Comment