Monday, 31 October 2011

Prelude

Anticipation - it can be wonderful; it can be terrifying.

NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow morning at 5AM for me. I went to bed at 9PM last night and was up at 5AM this morning. I've slept poorly this weekend - in part lying in bed recycling thoughts about my novel. I bought several note pads on Saturday and some wonderful Stabilo Fineliner pens. They write smoothly on my A5 project notebook at three in the morning when I can't sleep...

I'm not going to write any long blog posts in November but I aim to post a daily progress report. Template as follows:

Todays word count:
Total words:

A few words on how it is going?

I would like to encourage other NaNo’ers and might share some links.

Some people share their novels as they create them. I doubt that will work for me but I may occasionally share a passage.

Twenty two weeks days in November. 2,300 words a day. Tell my story. And that is it.

If I write every day, then I am a writer. 
If I keep writing then I will finish my novel. 
When I finish my novel then I am an author.

You break your goals down; begin working on them; make mistakes, fail; fail again; learn from those mistakes and failures; keep trying and one day you can achieve whatever you set your heart to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment