Friday, 25 November 2011

NaNoWriMo: A rough week

I scraped my word target today - the first day all week!

NaNoWriMo Update:
Todays word count: 2,310
Total words: 44,626

I cut back this week. Work needed to be a higher priority. I still got up at 5am every morning but tried to not stress when I fell short of my target 2,300 words. As a result, I kept writing and managed over 10K words this week and have managed to meet work targets as well.

It has been a hard week though. I felt like I was going nowhere with the plot. Felt I had gone off on a tangent. Wondered if I was only half way through the story and would struggle to complete it once November was gone.

I'm planning to keep writing. Bring the daily target down to 1,000 words a day and get up at Six instead of Five each morning. I want to reach a definite ending, to bring my main characters story to a close but don't want to spend too much longer doing that. I've got ideas for other characters. Other plot threads I want to explore but they are not essential to the core story and I know if I get started on those before the main story is finished - I'll struggle to tie it all together.

Tomorrow is catch up Saturday. I'll spend a couple of hours writing. I'd really like to spend the whole day and complete the [insert appropriate age related word here] novel but I have other commitments I've been putting off...

If you are writing, how has your week gone? If you are working on some other goal - how do you motivate yourself to keep going during your tough weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment