Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Have you been watching TED?

I'm not talking about the bear that haunts Mark Wahlberg.

You've probably seen some of the TED talks but if not, check out their top twenty.

I'm trying to write this now while watching Ken Robinson. It's hard to stop laughing and concentrate!

If you want to be inspired then check out some of the talks. I haven't seen them all - but I want to...

Talks on the list include: The thrilling potential of SixthSense; nurturing your genius; Why we do what we do;
10 things you didn’t know about orgasm; the surprising science of motivation; and also - Steve Jobs on how to live before you die...

Got to be something in there that would interest you.

I've just realised... At the time I checked, the number one talk has had less than 14 million views. How many people have Internet access? In the UK? In the world? What if everyone watched some of these talks? Would it change anything?

If you started reading this post thinking it would be about a pushy, arrogant, talking teddy - 'fraid not. (I've only seen the trailer - didn't really appeal to me.)

Is Ted worth watching? I don't know.

Are the TED talks worth watching? Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment