Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Of course it is hard

A friend posted a picture of a runner on Facebook this week: bent over, gasping for air after their run. The comment: of course it is hard, if it was easy everyone would be doing it...

I've noticed my body aching in different ways both while running and throughout the day. Getting up early to run, working on decorating last weekend and in the evenings has not helped.

At times I've felt like I've strained a muscle at my waist, damaged something in my hand, my knees were aching... And that is just from laying laminate...

On Saturday I pulled a muscle in my back. Was worried I might have really damaged something that would stop me training. I've tried to take extra care since. I slept poorly Sunday, concerned whether I would cope with my planned 9K run.

Monday's run went fine.

Today I started to get chills. Over active air conditioning or early signs of a cold? Maybe just hypochondria setting in...

I'm pushing myself now. There are going to be consequences.

But I can minimize some consequences by getting enough sleep (something I really need to get in better order) and taking simple precautions (like watching my posture and taking care of my back).

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment