Tuesday, 7 August 2012

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

The thought of jumping out of bed and going for a 6am run is one that I've managed to resist before. This morning I managed it for the first time in years.

Yesterday I drove round my planned route and checked the GPS signal on my phone with my cars mileometer. They matched perfectly. I worked out a 5K route which is my next short term target - to be able to jog/run 5K without walking or stopping.

This morning I managed to jog for 3K and then the final 1K of the route. I'm pleased with that, it is further than the last time I tried to jog that route and now I know my distance is accurate.



Knowing the race is only a month away gives my training far more focus. It has always been difficult to maintain the dedication when I haven't had an event to train for.

Back to the headline question: what gets you out of bed in the morning? Is there any event or competition you could use to motivate you to complete your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment