Monday, 7 January 2013

...in with the new. 2013 Goals

What are you planning for 2013?

Is it bold? Exciting? Crazy?

If not, why not?

Why should we wait until tomorrow to change the world? We can start today - this year can be the start of something amazing!

It has taken a few days but I've now got a few goals for 2013. Some of them are mundane, some of them - I hope - may turn out to be something special.

Goal 41: To install a shower downstairs and decorate room (I now have a plan and milestones and a deadline of 30 March)
Goal 40: To decorate the bathroom (This one also now has a plan and a deadline of 30 August)
Goal 100: To publish Fallen Warriors (Actually, this goal is being co-opted for 2013 and has been revised a few times over the weekend... I'm now planning to write 1,200 words towards a second draft of my novel. Five thousand words a month is achievable and if at the end of 2013 I have a partially completed second draft of sixty thousand words I will be absolutely delighted!)
Goal 35: To run in and finish a 10 Kilometre race (In fact, I'm aiming to run two 5Ks each month and have asked my family to join me in aiming to complete a 5K parkrun this year. We went on our first training run yesterday and managed 2.5K in under 22 minutes)

I've also committed to helping my family achieve some of their personal goals this year.

I think that is enough to be going on with. As a family we discussed only setting three goals for the year and since the first two are family goals I think I just scrape under that restriction.

As always, I encourage you to set goals and would love to hear your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment