Saturday, 31 August 2013

No 1. Best Seller in Do-It-Yourself!

Wow! There is nothing like experience to ram a point home. For years now I've been reading Joe Konrath's blog: A Newbie's Guide to Publishing and he has talked about his experience of experimenting with different prices for his eBooks; special offers; and free pricing - all to see what has the best sales results for one book and overall.

His conclusion is that offering one eBook for free can result in enormous interest in your work which then goes onto have a positive sales impact on your other books.

I have only published one book but already my eyes have been opened.

I'm currently sitting at number one in the two categories I selected for my eBook: 10 Plumbing tips to save you time and money
  • #1 in Kindle Store - Books - Home and Garden - How-to and Home Improvements - Plumbing and Household Automation
  •  #1 in Kindle Store - Books - Home and Garden - How-to and Home Improvements - Do-It-Yourself

This is only in the free category of course but even so, it is quite amazing to go to number one within 24 hours of release:

Not only that but I've actually given away over 300 copies! Three hundred people have downloaded my book. Okay, so I made no money but think about what might happen if you published a few short high quality eBooks on a similar topic and gave one away? If you managed to give away 300 copies, that could be 300 people interested in seeing if you had any more books out there...

Colour me excited!


A huge thank you to everyone who downloaded my eBook! I have learnt so much through taking part in Joe Konrath's 8 hour eBook challenge:
  • Producing a short high quality eBook can interest people in downloading your book.
  • Using free special offers can generate a lot of interest.
  • It isn't that hard to publish an eBook.
  • I will need to spend more time on editing and formatting next time...

Also, a kind person on Joe's blog gave this tip which I'll repeat here. If you analyse the url for my eBook:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plumbing-tips-save-money-ebook/dp/B00EVBRKLG/

The bit in the middle can be anything you want... Remove it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EVBRKLG/

Change it to something completely different:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/I_Just_Feel_Like_Dancing/dp/B00EVBRKLG/

Or even snub the author...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/This_book_needs_better_formatting/dp/B00EVBRKLG/

Copying and pasting all of the above links will take you to my eBook, only free now for a very short time...

No comments:

Post a Comment