Thursday, 12 December 2013

100,000 words - a shout out

I reached a major milestone today, passing 100,000 words written on my novel.

I've known for weeks, maybe months that this would only be a milestone and would not signify the completion of my goal to publish a novel.

How many words is enough? Every novel is different but I know the story is far from over and so I need to continue writing until it is complete.

Back in 2009 I wrote about my plan to succeed as a writer. It seemed like a good plan at the time and certainly enabled me to flesh out large parts of the plot I'm now using. I've followed a different plan since May this year and that's enabled me to keep momentum going. But that plan has started to become unworkable as work and family and other commitments have taken over my week.

I've set a new goal. A new target of 150,000 words. I've a new deadline to achieve this by and need a new plan to carve out time to write.

But for now, I'm going to give myself a virtual pat on the back and celebrate.

May you continue to find strength and time to work on your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment