Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Designing the perfect cover

"Don't judge a book by its cover." One of those half truths that we kind of believe but also inherently reject.

Book covers are important. Most of us will be attracted to a good looking cover. A good cover may not make us buy the book, but we'll be more likely to than if the cover is poorly designed or presented.

Ian Hallett recently asked subscribers to his website to give him feedback on his planned book cover. It was an inspired idea.

He writes: "...the response was overwhelming, including two mocked-up alternatives." Now that is generosity! Friends and maybe complete strangers going out of their way to offer constructive advice.

I'd love to get your feedback on some drafts for the cover of my planned novel: The Great Scottish Land Grab.

Back when I had the original idea for the story, I had a picture of grass letters. I finally got around to searching for a grass font and found several options.

The covers below are two I'm considering. What do you think, love them or hate them? Leave a comment below or email me at landgrab@tajikweb.com



No comments:

Post a Comment