Wednesday, 11 June 2014

The Great Scottish Land Grab elevator pitch

The Great Scottish Land Grab... So, what is it all about?

A friend asked me last night and for a second I felt like a rabbit caught in headlights. I know what the novel is about but I'm still struggling to condense all that I've written and am planning to write over the next couple of months into a short snappy elevator pitch.

I had my first shot at one of these fabled elevator pitches last week when I bumped into two people on the train who were talking about radio in a way that made my ears perk up. Afterwards I knew I needed more practise.

Here's my current pitch (and back cover blurb) for The Great Scottish Land Grab:

Can one man turn the Scottish Referendum into a revolution?

Threatened while walking across a Scottish estate, Robert Castle tries to find justice but neither the police nor courts will help him. His quest to find justice will bring him into conflict with the highest powers in the land. Facing off against politicians and judges, Castle fights to reverse centuries of corruption that has seen Scotland's land stolen from the people. With the Scottish independence referendum fast approaching he calls on Scotland to reject the politicians lie there can only be a Yes or No vote and to reclaim the right to decide their own future.

The Great Scottish Land Grab will be split over three books to be published in the months leading up to the referendum. Book one to be published in June, book two in July and the final book released in August.

Love it or hate it, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment