Monday, 13 October 2014

Why I don't want you to buy my book...

I'm publishing my second story this week: Dragon Lake.

It's a short story and will retail for £0.99 on Amazon Kindle. But I don't want you to buy it.

Here's the book's description:

The ruby mines of Tajikistan are long forgotten, except to those who still hunt the precious stones.

For those who are willing to risk mountain crevices and hand carved tunnels in an earthquake prone region, the reward can be great.

As long as the stones can be smuggled away.

When one smuggler is caught, no bribes can save him. A jail sentence in Tajikistan may as well be a death sentence.

In the barren mountains of Central Asia, the choice is stark between preserving your secrets or saving your life.

The story weighs in at 7,000 words. That's twenty four standard MS Word pages. I'm delighted with it. After spending all summer working on a novel, it's been refreshing to work on something completely different, something darker, something edgier...

If Amazon do their thing, the book will be available before you get up tomorrow morning but please, don't buy it... I'll be giving the book away later in the week and I don't want you to miss out.

If you'd like me to email you when the book is on sale, contact me at landgrab AT cafepolitics.net

Or check my Facebook page, or back here on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment