Saturday, 8 November 2014

Your Crazy Ideas to Fix the Economy

It's been fun getting feedback this week. From friends to total strangers I've had crazy suggestions to fix the economy. My two favourite are...

  • The million pound cash machine - from Jules.
  • Ban online shopping - from Liz.

Jules crazy idea was to give everyone a million pounds. We all spend our million pounds. Then once the money's been spent, we gather it in and give it all out again!

I love it. A wonderfully crazy idea that would make us all truly equal. No more rich, no more poor.

Would it work though? What do you think?

Liz's crazy idea was to ban online shopping. That way we'd stop local shops going out of business, keep jobs in the local economy, keep money in the local economy and fix the economy.

I've got a lot of sympathy with this idea. I do use online shopping a lot now. But I'm conscious that every transaction online is taking revenue away from local companies that I value.

Could banning online shopping help fix the economy? Or could local shops manage to integrate online to make themselves as competitive as the big online retailers

What do you think?

More crazy ideas next week.


Do post your own ideas or feedback on my crazy ideas in the comments below each post.

As I wrote at the start, I am making my 100 crazy ideas freely available. It seems unjust to propose ideas to fix the economy and then prevent people from freely reading those ideas. I will publish the full series once complete but this blog will remain.

I can be found on Twitter: @my100goals or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/my100goals. There's a short bio here. You can sign up to my mailing list below to be notified of future posts:

Powered byEMF Online Form Builder

No comments:

Post a Comment